SB 52, the California DISCLOSE Act
Citizens United unleashed unlimited, anonymous corporate spending on campaigns nationwide. That's why we're sponsoring the California DISCLOSE Act:
• Lets voters know who really is paying for political ads — on the ads themselves.
• Political ads will have to clearly and prominently list their three largest funders.
• "Follow-the-money" disclosure stops special interests from hiding.
• Applies to all kinds of political ads, including television, radio, print advertising, and websites.
The DISCLOSE Act will change the Big Money game
Sign the petition for SB 52!
SB 52 Details and Download materials
See the 300+ SB 52 Endorsers!
Senators Mark Leno and Jerry Hill,
authors of SB 52,
the California DISCLOSE Act.
Sunshine in Campaigns Act
The California Clean Money Campaign also supports the Sunshine in Campaigns Act:
• SB 2 (Lieu-Yee): Requires candidates to Stand By Their Ad, requires more disclosures on slate mailers, and raises fines on violations of campaign, lobbying, or ethics laws.
• SB 3 (Yee-Lieu): Lays out a plan for a new, 21st century online disclosure system and require the state’s largest campaign treasurers to receive certification by the state ethics commission.
• SB 27 (Correa): Closes the non-profit reporting loophole. This would prevent future campaigns from receiving millions from donors, or out of state interests, without having to disclose the sources to the Secretary of State.
SB 2 and SB 3 are co-sponsored by our friends at California Common Cause and the League of Women Voters of California, both of which also support SB 52.
Why Clean Money and Fair Elections?
Do you think that public officials should be accountable
to voters instead of to big money contributors? So do we.
The solution is Fair Elections funding of campaigns
for qualified candidates who agree to strict spending limits.
• Get politicians out of the fundraising game
• Open up the political process
• End pay-to-play politics
• Get started by learning the basics
Working with nearly 300 statewide, local, and national organizations for California Clean Money and Fair Elections.
A quote is worth a thousand words... Another
A cartoon is worth a thousand words...
The California Clean Money Campaign is a non-partisan 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to achieve an open and accountable government in California by building statewide support for public funding of election campaigns.
The California Clean Money Action Fund is the 501(c)4 advocacy arm of the California Clean Money Campaign
Vote Yes on Proposition 15, the California Fair Elections Act!