SB 52, the California DISCLOSE Act
Citizens United unleashed unlimited, anonymous corporate spending on campaigns nationwide. That's why we're sponsoring the California DISCLOSE Act:
• Lets voters know who really is paying for political ads — on the ads themselves.
• Political ads will have to clearly and prominently list their three largest funders.
• "Follow-the-money" disclosure stops special interests from hiding.
• Applies to all kinds of political ads, including television, radio, print advertising, and websites.
The DISCLOSE Act will change the Big Money game
SB 52 Details and Download materials
See the 350+ SB 52 Endorsers!
Senators Mark Leno and Jerry Hill,
authors of SB 52,
the California DISCLOSE Act.
|Clean Money on Facebook ➨
California Clean Money Campaign also supports:
• SB 1272 (Lieu), the Overturn Citizens United Act: Will put a proposition on this November's ballot that will let California voters demand that Congress create a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United and says that corporations aren't people, and money isn't speech.
Sign the petition for SB 1272!
• AJR 1 (Gatto): Official call for an Article V constitutional convention "for the sole purpose of proposing an
amendment to the United States Constitution that would limit corporate personhood for purposes of campaign finance and political speech and would further declare that money does not constitute speech and may be legislatively limited."
Sign the petition for AJR 1!
• SB 2 (Lieu), part of the Sunshine in Campaigns Act: Requires candidates to Stand By Their Ad, requires more disclosures on slate mailers, and raises fines on violations of campaign, lobbying, or ethics laws.
• SB 844 (Pavley): Requires the ballot pamphlet to provide links to an online listing of the top ten funders for and against each ballot measure on the Secretary of State website.
Why Clean Money and Fair Elections?
Do you think that public officials should be accountable
to voters instead of to big money contributors? So do we.
The solution is Fair Elections funding of campaigns
for qualified candidates who agree to strict spending limits.
• Get politicians out of the fundraising game
• Open up the political process
• End pay-to-play politics
• Get started by learning the basics
Working with nearly 300 statewide, local, and national organizations for California Clean Money and Fair Elections.
A quote is worth a thousand words... Another
A cartoon is worth a thousand words...
|Clean Money on Facebook ➨
The California Clean Money Campaign is a non-partisan 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to achieve an open and accountable government in California by building statewide support for public funding of election campaigns.
The California Clean Money Action Fund is the 501(c)4 advocacy arm of the California Clean Money Campaign
Vote Yes on Proposition 15, the California Fair Elections Act!